Personal Insurance, including:
- Boat and RV
Fortunately, Homeowners Insurance is required almost universally by lenders and mortgage companies. This requirement is in anticipation of just how devastating even a partial loss by fire or other causes could be. As your home is the probably the most significant investment you will ever make, insurance is a prudent requirement.
Further, as these policies usually cover assets like credit cards if they are lost or stolen, they are more of a shield than most consumers realize.
Here are the homeowners policies offered through Colton, up to the policy limits:
- Damage to your home and other structures on your property, such as gazebos, garages, or tool sheds
- Damage to any of your personal belongings
- Loss of use coverage This coverage pays for the increase in your living expenses (hotel bills, for example) if you can’t live in your home because it’s been damaged by a fire or other covered loss. (Unless you own your home outright, you’d still be paying your monthly mortgage payments, even as it was being rebuilt or repaired!)
- Liability coverage if someone files a lawsuit against you for causing a person injury or causing damage to someone else’s property, your liability coverage pays for expenses and legal awards resulting from your negligence, up to the limits in your policy. This coverage follows you anywhere in the world.
Keep in mind that if you have personal property that’s especially valuable furs, jewelry, silverware, antiques, guns, etc. you’ll probably need extra coverage to be sure you’d be suitably reimbursed if they were lost, stolen, or damaged.
Note: If you own a condominium or rent, you can buy coverage that’s tailored to your circumstances. Contact Colton directly for details.
To protect your most valuable investment, and the priceless personal belongings it contains, complete the Homeowner’s Insurance Quote form and we will give you a quote that will fit your specific needs. If you need assistance in completing the online form, just call us at 916.685.5565.
Automobile Insurance can be purchased to cover cars, trucks, motorcycles or other vehicles, primarily to provide protection against losses incurred as the result of accidents.
There are several options or combinations of options available, some of which are appropriate for your needs, some of which are either excessive or inadequate. If you understand what is required or appropriate for your vehicle, complete the Auto Quote form which will be submitted to the Colton Professionals. If you need assistance in completing the online form, just call us at 916.685.5565.
Some of the options to standard policies include Multi Risk Physical Damage and Emergency Road Service, all available at additional costs. But to help you understand the basics of Automobile Insurance, we provide the following brief descriptions:
- Bodily Injury Liability This provides protection if you injure or kill someone while operating your car. This is coverage you want to keep at a consistent level, even as your car gets older and declines in value. In the event of a serious accident, you want enough insurance (higher limits) to protect assets that may become subject to a lawsuit.
- Medical Payments, No Fault or Personal Injury Insurance This usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car.
- Uninsured Motorists Protection This will pay for your injuries caused by an uninsured driver or, in some states, a hit and run driver, in a crash that is not your fault. Given the number of uninsured motorists driving on our highways today, this is very important coverage to have, even in states with no fault insurance.
- Comprehensive Physical Damage Insurance This coverage will pay for damage to your car if it is stolen or damaged by flood, fire, animals, or other covered perils.
- Collision Insurance This pays for damage to your car when your car hits, or is hit by, another object. There are a number of deductibles. You can opt for a higher deductible in order to lower your premium.
- Property Damage Liability This provides you with protection if your car damages someone’s property, and it also provides you with legal defense.
- Rental Car Reimbursement This coverage helps pay the cost of renting alternate transportation if your auto is disabled in an accident for more than 24 hours.
- Loan Gap Coverage – In the event of a total loss, this coverage pays the difference between the outstanding balance of your auto and the settlement amount received from the insurance company.
To receive a free Quote, go to Get a Quote and complete the appropriate form and we will give you a quote that will fit your specific needs. If you need information to complete the online form or would prefer to talk to us directly, just call us at 916.685.5565
The information and descriptions contained in this site are intended as general information and are not necessarily complete descriptions of all terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to the products and services offered by Colton Insurance Associates. Product availability varies by area. The insurance coverage afforded by Colton Insurance Associates is subject to the terms and conditions of the policies issued.